Search the forum,

Discuss uneven floor borards in the centre ? How too make level?? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

2020Tiling

Hi,
I have a slight problem on the job I'm starting next week, It's only a 4 mtr bathroom floor ,tiles going down are granite, floor is floor boards at the min with about 1 ft of concrete at the door way, floor has little movment when I jump on it. One of the problems is that when I lay my level across from side to side there is a dip in the middle of the floor around 1.5 inches! My plan was too over board with 6mm hardy , but I recon the dip will still be there. An ideas what the best way to solve this would be ? :mad2:

area tiling

TF
Arms
n.ireland
Use bal fibre base leveller , straight onto your floor boards . Making sure their deflection free and solid first ! When it dries after 4 hours it's just like a cement backer board and has the same strength as 15 mm wbp plywood , plus you'll have a level floor , and no awkward cutting around shower trays or pipe work !
bal reckon that one 20kg bag will do 4m2 , costs about £30 a bag!

Reply to uneven floor borards in the centre ? How too make level?? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen