Currently reading:
type of caulking for gap filling on granite worktop

Discuss type of caulking for gap filling on granite worktop in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

lgmi

Hello
We had a black granite worktop put in our kitchen a couple weeks ago, unfortunately the installers left a big gap (about 10 mm at the widest) between the wall and and the worktop. They suggested we could fill it in with white caulking.

I was wondering if there's any other material (i.e. mastic?) that could be used to fill the gap that would be less noticeable since its black granite or any better suggestions?

thanks a million

L

lgmiox

Thanks for all the replies. We were looking into all the different options suggested. We don't think its possible to skim the wall which is at the side, and would be pretty noticeable if we didn't get it right (I guess a plasterer would need to do it?) because at the biggest gap its about 10 mm which is pretty big. The upstands would be a last option but its just not what we wanted. Maybe a combination of skimming the wall and a bit of silicone (it would be less gap to fill for the silicone and I guess less noticeable - planning to use the Mapesil AC).
Thanks again

L

lgmi

Thanks for all the replies. We were looking into the different suggestions. I don't think its possible to skim the walls that much, since its at the side and would be pretty noticeable if we got it wrong (I guess a plasterer would need to do it) and at the widest the gap is 10 mm. Upstands are possible but not really what we wanted. I think we might do a bit of skimming and then use the silicone (Mapesil AC) so it doesn't show as much. Thanks again.

Reply to type of caulking for gap filling on granite worktop in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.