Search the forum,

Discuss Two separate shower traps? in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
The traps ability to get rid if waste is not just down to pipe size. It also depends on the trap entry not becoming air locked. I found this when I installed my own shower. I put a standard floor waste in with a 50mm pipe outlet yo a shallow p trap. It kept bunging up because the shower out water ok top faster than the it could get into the trap entry thus air locking and overflowing. I ended up changing the trap to one called a fast glow trap which as the water enters the trap it creates like a vortex stopping any air lock. Now works a treat.my shower is rated at 40litres a minute when on the pump...

Q

Qwerty

As Alan says above, a fast flowing trap is all that is required. Are you running a combination boiler or conventional tank & cylinder?

Cranbrook

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Its an unvented system (two boilers in a low loss header system. I don't think a fast flowing trap will be sufficient given the flow rate, so I think I'm gonna screed in two separate drains and run separate 40mm waste

Reply to Two separate shower traps? in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen