Discuss trims in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

steve9999

whats the best way to mitre trimes so as to fit perfect, is there a good tool for this on the market or is a mitre block good enough.

E

epoxy pete

hello steve
i would say that a traditional mitre box is still the best way of perfecting this task....there have been many type of tools that claim mitre perfection in the past...i have tried them all...but you never seem to get an acceptable result...:eek:

T

trevortine

hi steve, trims up to 9mm can be perfectly cut with genesis mitre box, about 3 quid each, anything bigger, get yourself a mitre saw and stick a metal blade in it. Perfect every time!

M

Matty A

How do you know what size trim to buy for the thickness of tile used ie 7mm,9mm,12mm etc

C

Concept PHT

Matty, when you quote the job, measure the thickness of the tile they have chosen until you have reached the knack of visually knowing what to get.

If they havent got the tiles yet, then you will have to check on the day before you start the job unfortuantely.

:)

T

trevortine

yup you soon get to know just by looking at the tile, i buy my trim in bulk and keep most sizes in stock, both coloured plastic and chrome, genesis do great corner pieces for external corners.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
If you cut off 150mm each time you use a new trim you can take them round when you quote and explain what they do and allow them to choose colour, at this point you could check to make sure they understand that the size of he trim might differ as the tile does.

M

Matty A

Ah
Cheers does it not matter about the adh' behind then as this would make it thicker.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, you do bed them into the adhesive but not enough to cause the tile to till not sit on it flush, so no it doesn't matter too much.

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
7 mm for ceramic wall tiles, 9 mm for ceramic floor tile is generally the normal. Use a pair or mire trim cutters, they will cut 45s perfectly in a fraction of the time in a mitre block,

Reply to trims in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks