Search the forum,

Discuss Topps Stardust Quartz Black vs Tile HQ Starlight in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

gemmatrent

Hi - first post so appreciate all help and comments! I want the Topps Stardust Quartz Black 60x30 tiles for kitchen floor costing £116 per sq m. Tile HQ has their Starlight Quartz tile which looks similar for £47 per sq m.
That's a massive difference!
Does anyone know the difference in terms of quality and looks? Topps tells me there's is from company 'Gulfstone' in Saudi Arabia whereas Tile HQ is from company called 'Quartz Stone' in Turkey. Also in terms of installing I've been told different things by different companies- some say seal, some say no sealing needed.
Please anyone who have seen the 2 different tiles give me some advice. And are the Tile HQ ones just as good as Topps?

Thanks very much!

Andy Tiler

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hi - first post so appreciate all help and comments! I want the Topps Stardust Quartz Black 60x30 tiles for kitchen floor costing £116 per sq m. Tile HQ has their Starlight Quartz tile which looks similar for £47 per sq m.
That's a massive difference!
Does anyone know the difference in terms of quality and looks? Topps tells me there's is from company 'Gulfstone' in Saudi Arabia whereas Tile HQ is from company called 'Quartz Stone' in Turkey. Also in terms of installing I've been told different things by different companies- some say seal, some say no sealing needed.
Please anyone who have seen the 2 different tiles give me some advice. And are the Tile HQ ones just as good as Topps?

Thanks very much!

Hi Gemma there is a lot of difference in quality when it comes to this stuff.stick to Topps if I were you safest bet IMO.also they should know the precidure to follow when it comes to there products.where abouts in the country are you.might b able to sort out some discount for ya..;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

DHTiling

Hi and welcome... just to add, Resin quartz does not need sealing.. you will not go wrong with the tile HQ ones..

M

Marksmithtiling

If you have a Nicobond near you try them cheaper than the topps ones and a good tile.

D

Discount Tile Supplies

Ive seen the cheaper one in Tile Giant which is probably the same as Tile HQ (as TG and THQ owned by same company, TP) and its miles different, thicker and flatter in colour and not much sparkle compared to gulf stone. I would suggest you get a sample of each and then make your own mind up. If you like the cheaper one buy it.

D

Discount Tile Supplies

Dave they dont look the same and come in so many colours.

Its easy to import a container of tiles from china in one size 2 colours and sell them cheap. Im not sticking up for Gulfstone but they do 10 odd colours in 4 sizes and mosaics in each colour. Thats not a couple of grand out lay. I wont do the maths and bore you all! They merchandise their products well have a couple of reps on the road etc. No different to Warm up and ditra matting, you can buy similar cheaper, fact of life. But like i say you use what your happy with.

Reply to Topps Stardust Quartz Black vs Tile HQ Starlight in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen