Search the forum,

Discuss Tool Storage solutions in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Not really, I have deadlocks fitted.
I find they are a good deterrent, they move on to the next van.

S

Spare Tool

Built the ply shelving in the van around the tool boxes so no wasted space.. Big plastic tub for clips, top long shelf for levels and battons, misses's old spice rack for silicone :D trowels slide into racks on the back door. Your right about a garage or shed though..definitely makes it easier to keep things organised, bought a 18ft shed last year for storage and fishing tackle... Do worry about it getting broken into, infact I'd be devastated if the fishing gear got nicked but have the contents insured on home insurance incase the worst happens..

F

Flintstone

I use the basement at home for my storage keep adhesive down there, boards etc not ideal but it works

G

GoneGuy

One side of the van is all shelving for cutters, bags grout, tubs spacers etc.
I’ve got the jcb stack system ( similar to dewalt and magnusson ) one for all small tools pencils etc, middle one brief case size for grinder blades holes saws polish pads and the bottom deeper one for floor laying tools

D

Dumbo

Power tools were (and are being replenished) into makstack cases.
Ply lined and shelved for my main Sigma cutters.
Box shelving for spacers, clips, tubes etc.
Wet saw, tool bags and boxes have their spaces.
Mixer has a space stood up and secured.
Trowels are quick-release secured on my doors using strips of tile trim.
I hate anything rattling around!
I have makstack for electrical tools griders, drills etc . I am finding the catches a pain , also I broke one the other day , i think the plastic is to brittle so they will be getting swapped out for another system

O

Old Mod

If your lucky enough to have a garage, I'm sure it's much easier to keep organised and carry only what you need to. My new years resolution it to stop carrying 8 part bags of grout! I've had the same ones since 2014 and there not getting used :p
Storing sigmas is an issue also.
Why don’t you put a false floor in so that you can slide your sigmas under it?
I’ve seen a few do it.

Reply to Tool Storage solutions in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen