Search the forum,

Discuss Tool Storage solutions in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Nic_P74

TF
Esteemed
Esteemed
Reaction score
8AA66CD2-4103-4EC5-B257-4BBBC6937EEE.jpeg
Still need to rack out the van. Too busy working to do it. Will no doubt get it done in the New year. Bound to be some slack time.
Started transferring all my tools into these.

Last edited:
F

Flintstone

Yeah I've seen a few do that and it probably is the best option, wouldn't need to be full length either. Think I'll get some timber together and have a day on it see what I can knock up.

Nic_P74

TF
Esteemed
Esteemed
Reaction score
Yeah I've seen a few do that and it probably is the best option, wouldn't need to be full length either. Think I'll get some timber together and have a day on it see what I can knock up.
I’m going to try to make it so I can have the main floor of the van pretty much free so can load full 8x4 sheets and other materials or load up wet cutter or big mitre saw and stand.

O

Old Mod

I’ll be presumptuous and take it you’re replying to me Andy :D if you design it right you can fit backer boards in there too.
Not too many of course, just 2 or 3 to get you out of trouble now and again.
I’m sure there’d be room for boards one side and Sigma the other.

F

Flintstone

I think they need to be a snug fit to avoid sliding about, and a nice thick board to avoid sagging, central spine. I'll get on with it in Jan!

O

Old Mod

I think they need to be a snug fit to avoid sliding about, and a nice thick board to avoid sagging, central spine. I'll get on with it in Jan!
Split your floor in half and get some thick foam to wedge in against your cutter. It doesn’t matter then what type of cutter you have, or indeed what you slide under the floor.
Of course an ungrateful clients body won’t make a noise if it moves about anyway.

O

One Day

I have makstack for electrical tools griders, drills etc . I am finding the catches a pain , also I broke one the other day , i think the plastic is to brittle so they will be getting swapped out for another system

They aren't the best for sure and I agree the catches are stiff and difficult.
I found a squirt of silicone spray really helps though.

W

Waluigi

I have a high roof van and often wondered about somehow attaching a tile cutter to the ceiling of the van. Another whacky idea :tearsofjoy:

Reply to Tool Storage solutions in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen