Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Tool Storage solutions in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

F

Flintstone

Thought I'd start a dedicated thread for this, after investing in some DeWalt tstak items this year it's spured me on to get more organised with everything else. what's your solutions ? How do you store those arkward things like dust sheets ? Levels? Clips ? Grout bags? Blue rolls? Mixer ?

Anyone else use the tstak or similar ?

Last edited by a moderator:
W

Waluigi

Errrrrrr got the van all racked out with dexion slotted angle and heavy load shelving. It all just fits in there. It’s been in three vans now. Added to it here and there. It all just bolts together.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I used to have all my tools stacked in systainer boxes but it made the thief’s job easier when stealing from me, all stacked on ply shelving now, each tool has its own shelf.

I keep my spacers, wedges and clips in old Tupperware boxes on shelves and trowels, floats and sponges in a big wheeled tool box.

Stanley blades I keep by the 100 in a dispenser, I need loads of them for all the lvt I convince customers they need.:D

O

One Day

Power tools were (and are being replenished) into makstack cases.
Ply lined and shelved for my main Sigma cutters.
Box shelving for spacers, clips, tubes etc.
Wet saw, tool bags and boxes have their spaces.
Mixer has a space stood up and secured.
Trowels are quick-release secured on my doors using strips of tile trim.
I hate anything rattling around!

I

Italy

I only do the tiler on the first and last day
working my van is full.
and of course in random order, all in containers, baskets ect.
the rest of the days is almost empty, in the evening I put and remove the tools
according to the work I have to do the next day.
the thieves opened the van 3 times, but they did not find any tools.
once there was a wallet with 300 €, they did not see it.

F

Flintstone

If your lucky enough to have a garage, I'm sure it's much easier to keep organised and carry only what you need to. My new years resolution it to stop carrying 8 part bags of grout! I've had the same ones since 2014 and there not getting used :p
Storing sigmas is an issue also.

W

Waluigi

are people not worried about leaving their tools loose in the back of the van?

I’ve got mine in a vault. Been done over too many times

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Not really, I have deadlocks fitted.
I find they are a good deterrent, they move on to the next van.

S

Spare Tool

Built the ply shelving in the van around the tool boxes so no wasted space.. Big plastic tub for clips, top long shelf for levels and battons, misses's old spice rack for silicone :D trowels slide into racks on the back door. Your right about a garage or shed though..definitely makes it easier to keep things organised, bought a 18ft shed last year for storage and fishing tackle... Do worry about it getting broken into, infact I'd be devastated if the fishing gear got nicked but have the contents insured on home insurance incase the worst happens..

F

Flintstone

I use the basement at home for my storage keep adhesive down there, boards etc not ideal but it works

Reply to Tool Storage solutions in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks