Search the forum,

Discuss tiling outdoor step risers in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

Unregistered

Hello,
I am replacing old quarry tiles (about thirty) on on the risers of a small set of concrete garden steps. I've taken off the old tiles and have patched cracks and water/frost damage etc, with mortar.
Can anyone recommend a strong water proof adhesive for this situation - only need enough for thirty 6x6 inch tiles?
Also would like to finish the job with a grey outdoor grout from a tube using applicator gun - can anyone recommend this product as well?
Much obliged for any help....

D

doug boardley

it depends on what you can get locally, a powdered flexible adhesive is a must.

P

peckers

yes a single part flexible powder adhesive and you must ensure you get a solid bed fixing, you will need to back butter the tiles as well as spreading the adhesive on the risers! I would use a flexible grout too! but dont know of one that is specific for an applicator gun. never used one before.
Just ask at your suppliers and specify it is for exterior use....

Reply to tiling outdoor step risers in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen