Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling on asphalt screed? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

H.I.S

I have got 6mm insulation boards already for the job as i cant go any higher, i was going to try and key/scarify the surface what do you think? so i can use cement or rapidset mix with sbr as slurry coat, do i wait till slurry is set before fixing the insulation boards down with spf? i had got some instarmac ultra prime it fp to use as an acrylic primer thinking it would do the job, glad i asked the question on here first.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
melting and smelling of bitumen is pretty conclusive I would say. Magnesite would just get hot and with a blow torch would give of a bright yellow flame. As previously said though it don't look like asphalt. My opinion use epoxy to seal whatever it is then use uncoupling membrane.

Reply to Tiling on asphalt screed? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm hoping you can help with some feedback, please My parents are currently having a...
Replies
Views
Hi, long time lurker, first time poster. Over the years I've used the good advice that I've...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.