Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling. Ceiling and doors. in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

Jrterror

Hi.
Do you tile right up to the ceiling and door frames, or do you leave a gap for grout?

D

Dumbo

Hi.
Do you tile right up to the ceiling and door frames, or do you leave a gap for grout?
Leave a gap for silicone so that the joint is flexible . Also next to bath , window frames and internal coroners of room and any recess

D

Dumbo

Thanks.
It's good to get a no nonsense straight forward answer.
Thank
Some of your questions are not straightforward that is why you get some of the answers you are getting . We as tilers rely a lot on what we are told by adhesive manufacturer's and that combined with experience is what we make our choices on . I can't remember what the exact differences between an s1 or s2 adhesive are but I know what I would use them for so when you ask a question and you are told what adhesive you should use your answer is your answer

Reply to Tiling. Ceiling and doors. in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen