Currently reading:
Tiling a swimming pool

Discuss Tiling a swimming pool in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

markc

Just wondered if any one can give me any good tips on tiling a swimming pool with mosaic tiles on sheets. I haven't got the job yet but you never know and preperation is everything :grin:

Basically it's a big extension, just been built 2 months ago with the 7m x 4.5m concrete swimming pool shape all with drains and filter holes ready and waiting for the customers mosaic tiles to go in :whatchutalkingabout

Also non slip tiles to go down on the floor area outside the pool which is 40msq, but this is ok it is just the swimming pool mosaic tiling i am a bit bothered about.

I guess i would set out and start tiling all the pool walls, then the floor. I would be stuck on tiling up to and fitting the drainage grills that go around the pool!!
This might be something that i am getting bothered about for no reason.

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you

M

markc

Very helpful, cheers lads :thumbsup:

After another conversation with the customer, i mentioned all the prep work that would be needed along with a qualified Bal/Weber rep to visit the site (Free of charge) to asses all the materials needed! , the customer wasn't interested and just wanted the tiles to go straight in.

So we came to an agreement that i wouldn't do the job. I wouldn't want to do this job with no prep and homework in place, so i'm quite happy on the outcome.

I've just arrived home from another possible job which has a few questions from myself, so i'll put another Q? on later on or in the morning.

Thanks again for the help :hurray:

After another conversation with the customer, i mentioned all the prep work that would be needed along with a qualified Bal/Weber rep to visit the site (Free of charge) to asses all the materials needed! , the customer wasn't interested and just wanted the tiles to go straight in.

So we came to an agreement that i wouldn't do the job. I wouldn't want to do this job with no prep and homework in place, so i'm quite happy on the outcome.

I've just arrived home from another possible job which has a few questions from myself, so i'll put another Q? on later on or in the morning.

You did the right thing...it's not always easy to walk away..Mark.

G

GazTech

If you are ever in two minds ...follow you gut instincts...it's your best method of protection....Gaz

D

Deleted member 1779

Make sure you get the top line absolutley level. This is the level where the water will sit.

The water level never varies by more than a few inches and you can work out where the water will be by finding the skimmer basket and raising the float basket inside. The top of the float basket is the maximum water level. Drop the skimmer into the basket to find the lowest level.

Use the water level marking to make sure that the mosaic tiles in this area are all absoultely spot on level wise. I'd say that the tiles under water can be a bit less perfect because the eye cant see them so well. But its the top line that needs your setting out time and effort.

Reply to Tiling a swimming pool in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.