Search the forum,

Discuss Tile-Carpet strip in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mad Hatter

I priced a bathroom job in an apartment over the weekend and the customer also asked me to have a look at his kitchen floor. Due to the lack of space in the apartment, the kitchen is an open plan area that runs into the hallway with a strip seperating the lino and carpet at the moment.

The customer is a having a new kitchen fittred in a few weeks and he asked me about putting some slate flooring down for him. The floor is boarded and it looks like it's previously had water damage in the past. I explained to him about having to board it out with ply and the added height that would be added by this, the addy and the slate and he wasn't so keen when he realised the height difference between the the slate and the carpet would create a step as high as 3.5cm+ I know there are strips for doorways to reduce the height difference but is there anything available in 2.5M lengths that would reduce the step on the tile to the carpet that would look like alright with slate?

F

faithhealer

Longest strips I have come across are 1.8Mts but someboby might know different.
Just an idea (depending on the size of the room etc) but is it worth plying ALL the floor so the height diff is only the slate??

M

Mad Hatter

That's not really an option as the hallway is quite big.

I'm trying to find answers to the problem as he was keen to have it done until I told him about putting the ply down and the step that this would create. I reckon if I get a decent solution he'll want it doing as he wasn't impressed at the thought of putting lino down again.

F

faithhealer

Had a quick look on the carpet fitters forum for you but not much help, have a look on the Schluter system website, (sponsors list on the right!) If you don't find anything, re post tomorrow night (sorry THIS evening) to get in in the new post listing.

M

Mad Hatter

Thanks for that, I've just found a 2.5m strip on the Schlüter site.

I'll try and get an email sent tomorrow for a price and hope that the customer likes the sound of it. Does anybody know who stocks Schlüter products?

T

theyomper

Try Gradus profiles. You might find one there and the longest lenght I have had from them is 3.5 mtrs. Good independent carpet suppliers should be able to show you samples.

Just looked at their website, the tile profile page is'under construction' but here's a phone number ........Gradus Customer Support on 01625 428922 for advice and samples.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Mad Hatter

Good call, it's only a few miles away from me and even closer to where the job is.

I didn't even associate them with making tile products.

Cheers Yomper.

Reply to Tile-Carpet strip in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen