Search the forum,

Discuss Thought my Dewalt dw2400 would perform better than this !! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tubs

Currently doing a 77m marble job, the tiles are 20mm thick, the cutter has a brand new blade on it and its not cutting too well, it struggles to go through these tiles, very time consuming things to cut, the problem maybe a 10m extensaion lead, there are no plugs nearby and possibly a loss of power from it ??

Any thoughts ?

Cheers Tubs

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
To be fair Marble is normally quite soft isn't it? All the Marble I've worked with (and yeah, unlike all these mad stones these days marble was used quite a bit when I was tiling! lol) cut with even an old crappy blade on a crappy machine.

T

tubs

To be fair Marble is normally quite soft isn't it? All the Marble I've worked with (and yeah, unlike all these mad stones these days marble was used quite a bit when I was tiling! lol) cut with even an old crappy blade on a crappy machine.

Well Dan thats what I thought, will put the old blade on tommorow and see what happens !!

D

doug boardley

I find that soft stone is quite often the slowest to cut through if that makes sense.

Reply to Thought my Dewalt dw2400 would perform better than this !! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen