Search the forum,

Discuss Things your too tight to replace? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mikebidd

Does anyone else make sure they get as much use out off things that they can? Reason im asking is i have an old nokia (old faithull) and for the last few weeks the screen has started too go blank. when it first did it i paddied and threw it on table. and it started working again but over the last few days it does it more often and im having too launch it even harder. I know eventually it will go but im trying too save up fot a i phone and refuse too pay too get this fixed lol.

any one else like this ?? tools etc count

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
i had a pair of dennis the menace boxer shorts from the age of 15 till i was 28,they were comfy as anything eventually the missus made me throw them out plus they were skintight like speedos :oops::ban:

D

doug boardley

I'm ruthless and without sentiment, if something starts to play up it's out and a new one ordered. Shame I can't do the same with the Mrs!!:lol:

D

doit4u

I tend to hang on to clothes, I've got one T-shirt that is 19 years old. But lately I've noticed that a lot of stuff has shrunk, even shoes, in the wardrobe. Have tasked No1 daughter to come over and sort through everything with me as she can be so ruthless.

D

diamondtiling

I still have my first records from 1976, never play them as I have them on the pc now but would never get rid of them.

:thumbsup:

D

doug boardley

me too Dom, altho' I do keep meaning to get a turntable to play them on. (Best not to when the lads are listening tho',a bit of "choice language" on some of them!)

E

easyt

I tend to hang on to clothes, I've got one T-shirt that is 19 years old. But lately I've noticed that a lot of stuff has shrunk, even shoes, in the wardrobe. Have tasked No1 daughter to come over and sort through everything with me as she can be so ruthless.
I can identify with that (in reverse). I was eating out of boredom in my last 18 months of work before I retired. I was fed up with the changes. When I retired I lost 3 stone in 6 months. I expected my clothes to grow in size but it was my shoes that surprised me. I now by half size smaller !!

I didn't expect my feet to shrink. :lol:

D

Deleted member 9966

I have an old pressure washer I bought when I was 18 and working for a DIY chain. It still works to this day. It's a bit temperamental at times, and sometimes you have to keep switching it on and off till it finds the right pressure again, but it does the job nicely. I even have the hammer drill that came free with it. It needs a new chuck but that still works like new.

And after going camping last August bank holiday and finding out that the sewn in groundsheets on the tent were no longer waterproof, I toyed with the idea of getting rid of the tent, but instead just bought 4 new groundsheets - 2 to go underneath, 2 to go over the top of the sewn-in ones. mend and make do at the moment :thumbsup:

S

SandyFloor

I'm ruthless and without sentiment, if something starts to play up it's out and a new one ordered. Shame I can't do the same with the Mrs!!:lol:

I actually did do that with the missus.....twice.....no, hang on , they did it to me.

M

mikebidd

I have hundreds off records in the garage from when R lasses great nan died i keep meaning to throw them out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Things your too tight to replace? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen