Currently reading:
The PLS2E Palm Laser Level

Discuss The PLS2E Palm Laser Level in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

penno

What do you look for in a laser level? Were looking into a few possibilities at the moment and just want to gauge interest.

Look for something that gives a decent accuracy, clear lines, self leveling and an affordable price. Seen loads about when i was looking for one and was quite unsure which to buy.
Ended up buying a Bosch PCL1 from B and Q. Paid about £70 for it and comes with a tripod. Sure it isn't the greatest laser in the world but it does everything i need for working in my job, mainly bathrooms and kitchens.
Went around a few shops looking at various ones and was tempted by some which were over the £200 mark. However i went in B and Q where they had one of the lasers i eventually bought on display (was on a little platform with a board in front of it so you could see the laser working on it from about 6" away) yanked it around so it was facing a wall that was about 10 metres away and the lines were as clear as crystal. Pulled a spirit level off one of the hangers and went along the line (other customers looking at me like i was crazy :) ) perfectly straight, sold!
Well happy with it and it didn't cost me the earth.
Sorry for the long winded post "buybrandtools). Just showing what i was looking for when i wanted to purchase a laser.

G

guy1976

What do you look for in a laser level? Were looking into a few possibilities at the moment and just want to gauge interest.
iv tried loads of laser levels and the pls2 is by far the best iv used as its clearly visable is sunlight,self leveling and 100% accurate saves lots of time theres a new 1 just came out called the pls2e which is just as accurate but the laser isnt as bright as the old 1

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to The PLS2E Palm Laser Level in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in preparation for tiling. A couple of days after there's a lot of very fine cracks which have appeared, you...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm hoping you can help with some feedback, please My parents are currently having a new bathroom installed, all stripped back to bare walls and floor. The fitter has done/hasn't done...
Replies
Views
There is some stain/marking on the mosaic tiles in my living room. These stains are more visible when seen under light reflection. The floor does not look good at all with these stains, and we...
Replies
Views
I've over ordered on a recent levelling job and have a full pallet of 48 bags lf UT Prolevel Ultimate left over. Belt n braces top make sure we didn't run out! Date of manufacture is 27.07.2023...
Replies
Views
  • Suggestion
Post a New Thread for Each Tiling Job Completed. Rather than using the Show us Your Work Thread - which has more than 500,000 views, and thousands of posts to scroll through - we thought it would...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.