Currently reading:
Terracotta on Gyproc based screed

Discuss Terracotta on Gyproc based screed in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

Polaroid

Hi,
I believe this kind of topic has been discussed in the past, but I thought it would be wiser to ask again...!

In the coming months (at least when it gets warmer!) I will be laying Terracotta (12" x 12") tiles on a Gyproc based floor.
Usual questions...

- How and with what do I prepare the floor? (it has been scarified, and I will give it a quick sand and clean before I start)
- Sealing the tiles, do I seal the whole tile before laying? with what and how?
- What adhesive do you recommend? how much how little?
- Finishing, can you recommend a product to finish the tiles?

Kind Regards,

AL.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Hi Al. As with David...what brand is it. Reason being gyproc is not a common screed type (not even sure it is still available)

have a floor finishes flow chart that you might find helpful. If you pm me your e-mail address I can fire it through for you in the morning.

B

BoldreChris

I laid a terracotta floor last year. The tiles were just brushed to remove dust before laying but were given one coat of Lithofin Terracotta Impregnator before grouting and three coats of LTP Ironwax Satin afterwards. They ended up pretty shiny and the dark grout was quite easy to clean off the surface.

056.jpg

It was onto a fresh sand/cement screed so I used matting bonded to the screed with Weber SPF rapid and the same for the tiles. Grout was Weber joint pro, brown and sandstone mixed to give the final colour.

Reply to Terracotta on Gyproc based screed in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement