Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss TC-125 in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

C

Concrete guy

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Stumbled across this today, thought it might interest some of you guys.

OP
C

Concrete guy

The mitre component looked interesting, especially as it seems to be something more people are offering and customers are asking for.

I'm normally for bigger is better when it comes to machines and blades, but a 125mm blade on a rail is likely to have much less to nearly zero deflection.

OP
H

hmtiling

Pro tiler should have them in next week. I've been in the market for one of these for a while. The small blade has sold me.

OP
C

Concrete guy

Pro tiler should have them in next week. I've been in the market for one of these for a while. The small blade has sold me.

For tile I think it's far more appropriate than a CS60. My only concern is how you clamp the rails if you're doing regular tiles rather than large format.

OP
H

hmtiling

For tile I think it's far more appropriate than a CS60. My only concern is how you clamp the rails if you're doing regular tiles rather than large format.
Where there's a will and all that.
I'm thinking the rubi rails are the same as festool rails so the festool clamps would be ideal. Could be bosch rails actually. That's for the tc180, these could be non compatible. I will endeavour to find out

OP
O

Old Mod

Unless the Rubi slim has undergone a massive upgrade, their rail system has only ever been effective on material like the 3.5mm laminam, even tho it states it cuts up to 6mm.
The latest literature I’ve read on the Rubi slim rail cutter says up to 8mm at the top of the page, 6m at the bottom. :)
I wouldn’t have thought it would fit on the festool runner @hmtiling Harry like it’s bigger brother TC180, the foot plate and rail look slimmer than the previous model.
If that’s what Rubi call dust extraction, there’d be no way you could use it internally if the building is occupied, you can barely see the guy thro the cloud of dust!
It has a massive overhang too by the looks of it, probably why it’s cantilevered with the suction cups, surely it would use the underslung clamps like the TC180?
But it’s hard to see everything in a sales video, so could be totally wrong, might be amazing!
But then when was the word ‘Amazing!’ Last used in the same sentence as Rubi! :D

OP
H

hmtiling

Unless the Rubi slim has undergone a massive upgrade, their rail system has only ever been effective on material like the 3.5mm laminam, even tho it states it cuts up to 6mm.
The latest literature I’ve read on the Rubi slim rail cutter says up to 8mm at the top of the page, 6m at the bottom. :)
I wouldn’t have thought it would fit on the festool runner @hmtiling Harry like it’s bigger brother TC180, the foot plate and rail look slimmer than the previous model.
If that’s what Rubi call dust extraction, there’d be no way you could use it internally if the building is occupied, you can barely see the guy thro the cloud of dust!
It has a massive overhang too by the looks of it, probably why it’s cantilevered with the suction cups, surely it would use the underslung clamps like the TC180?
But it’s hard to see everything in a sales video, so could be totally wrong, might be amazing!
But then when was the word ‘Amazing!’ Last used in the same sentence as Rubi! :D
True about the amazing shout mate. :)
Apparently this will cut 25mm.
Think I need a play with one.

OP
O

Old Mod

Apparently this will cut 25mm.
Think I need a play with one.

Yeah I see that Harry, wasn’t making my self clear, sorry mate.
What I meant was if this is part of Rubi slim rail cutter set up, as a mechanical rail cutter it’s not all that, but if you’re looking at it for just the rail saw, then that’s different again.

OP
H

hmtiling

Yeah I see that Harry, wasn’t making my self clear, sorry mate.
What I meant was if this is part of Rubi slim rail cutter set up, as a mechanical rail cutter it’s not all that, but if you’re looking at it for just the rail saw, then that’s different again.
Yep, just for the rail saw mate. I've got a flash line, which considering I've only used thin tile 3 times is adequate atm.

Reaction score
Since this thread has gone up has anyone purchased one of these and what are your thoughts? Can't see any reviews yet and am toying between buying this, the cs60 or the Dv700. I do landscaping so mainly cut 20mm porcelain and 40mm concrete slabs.

Any points would be greatly.appreciated.

Reply to TC-125 in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock