Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Tanking in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Stef

Tanking out this shower, it's the 3rd one I've done in as many weeks where the plumbers have fitted this seal strip round the tray as they state it's waterproof!!
I've given this shower it's 1st coat of paste & then ran a bead of silicone up the 2 internals ready for corner tapes.
It got me thinking, as the corners are as tight with plasterboard, in theory this should now be waterproof as is, has anyone ever done any tanking without corner tapes?
Is anyone else seeing plumbers using this tape more & more?
The merchants must be pushing it hard.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

S

Spud

I've not seen it Stef , what is it actually doing in terms of waterproofing it doesn't seem to touch the tray or is it stuck to the side of the tray in some way ?

O

Old Mod

If it's the same as Julian's showing, they're excellent.
When I replaced a damaged tray end of last year it was what saved all the walls from water damage. Brilliant stuff.
It's double sided sticky rubber tape effectively. When its first stuck on u can pull it on and off to reposition it, but once it's left to cure, it's an absolute complete mare to remove!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I was trying to get tray out without damaging bottom row so was trying to hook it out. Haha yeah, didn't work so well.

S

Stef

Yeah, it's the same idea as the picture Julian put up.
The plumber I spoke to previously said it is expensive but they now think that the shower is waterproof & were wondering what the paint on stuff that I was using was for!!

S

Spud

How does it work? Apply to the wall , peel back tape then fit the shower tray against it ?

S

Stef

How does it work? Apply to the wall , peel back tape then fit the shower tray against it ?
Stick it to the tray before install & then you silicone the back edge to the wall with low mod silicone.
That's the way the ones I've seen have been fitted.

Reply to Tanking in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks