Search the forum,

Discuss Tanking Drying Time? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

M D HUGHES

Re: Any new tilers stuck at all, with anything?

24 hrs. Charge a minimum day rate for the job (£120). This ensures that you do the job properly instead of trying to rush it to make your money :)

You've lost me a bit there mate. Putting the kit on should only take a couple of hours, if that, correct me if I'm wrong please. Then I'll have to busy myself on something else for the rest of the day. Go back next day and do the tiling. I have pretty much quoted for the hours I'm gunna put in on site, and not inc. all the back n forth I've been doing, had to take the old ones off, what a nightmare!
I'm reckoning the entire job should be no more than 9 hours all inc.

C

CON5933

I agree, the day rate is justified 'cos you can't really take another job on while your workin for him/her. If you're working with time constraints, setting & curing etc there's not a great deal can be done about it. Great if there are any 'related' jobs you could do while you're there but that would only knock more time off the end of the job anyway so he still might feel he's gettin done.

Reply to Tanking Drying Time? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.