Search the forum,

Discuss Suspended Timber Substrate For Wetroom? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

SJPurdy

It looks good.
Thanks for putting up the photos. Educational for me as I see that the Impey Waterguard system is a lot different to the black stuff they used to sell.

B

BigSid

It looks good.
Thanks for putting up the photos. Educational for me as I see that the Impey Waterguard system is a lot different to the black stuff they used to sell.

No probs. That was the first time I'd worked with the Impey Waterguard, and it wasn't that difficult. The only time it is a problem, is if you get it folded with the backing peeled off and it sticks to itself, it becomes impossible to unstick and that bit is ruined! The butyl rubber sealant they provide is horrible stuff, make sure you have plenty of white spirits around to clean it off tools, hands, face etc. ;)

B

BigSid

Oooh lovely, nice different sized feature tiles above the sink too.....
Its a bit dark in there though, have you up-rated the lighting too?
Great work on that floor.

Thanks :) I replaced the original two CFL lights with six LED ceiling mounted spots. I think the photo looks darker than it really is. I could replace the LED bulbs with higher wattage ones as I think they are only 5W and can take up to 8W or something.

D

dean mckeown

Hi, Thanks for this post. I am carrying out a very similar job. Can you list in order the layers on the floor. This is what I am thinking but I'm not sure if I need to Tank the floor after the levelling solution or before.

22mm playwood
Priming solution
flexi adhesive
Marmox insulation boards
levelling solution
Tanking Kit
Under Floor heating matt
Flexi Adhesive
Tiles

Does this sound ok or should I be adding the Tanking kit to the plywood with everything on top?

J

J Sid

HardieBacker do a 22mm board for spaning joists so you may be able to remove the ply and insulation boards .

Reply to Suspended Timber Substrate For Wetroom? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen