Discuss Surface prep for new tiles in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

serval

TF
Reaction score
Just removed a load of tiles off a bathroom wall and have the adhesive left to remove before prepping for new tiles.
DSC_3412.JPG

The lower area is where ive started to scrape off the old adhesive.
My question is will this surface be suitable for retiling assuming its relatively flat.
Should i use any sort of primer before hand?
Probably going to be putting 60x60 10mm thick tiles up
Thanks

serval

TF
Reaction score
Not sure yet....

I had to rip the board off that wall as the tiles were hard to remove (thats the external facing brick wall) it will be re boarded (dot n dab) then either half tiled or just painted and fit a wall unit

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Not sure yet....

I had to rip the board off that wall as the tiles were hard to remove (thats the external facing brick wall) it will be re boarded (dot n dab) then either half tiled or just painted and fit a wall unit
Ok. Try a razor scraper on the walls to remove old adhesive and as long as its flat. Good to go if onto plasterboard, be wary of weight limits if the wall is skimmed

serval

TF
Reaction score
Ok. Try a razor scraper on the walls to remove old adhesive and as long as its flat. Good to go if onto plasterboard, be wary of weight limits if the wall is skimmed
Nice one,thanks Dave.

Yes its plaster board and is not skimmed.

Reply to Surface prep for new tiles in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks