Search the forum,

Discuss Subfloor build up advice for tile in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hammer

-
Reaction score
If starting from joists, what subfloor would you use these days? 18mm Ply first and then a 6mm backer board layer? (correct thicknesses?). Plan is to tile floor with porcelain tile 20x20cm, electric heating mat under. Thanks.

Reaction score
18mm chipboard glued and screwed, 6mm wedi glue and screwed with washers, then vario pro/ ditra heat type matting and tile. Will be a nice height for threshold to meet carpet

Reply to Subfloor build up advice for tile in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm about to tile my kitchen with 600mm x 600mm porcelain tiles. I am tiling onto a subfloor...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I need some advice please. I recently had a contractor in to remodel my bathroom...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I’m ripping out a failed existing tiled floor. Tiles had not been back buttered so...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen