Search the forum,

Discuss splashback in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

anderson

Hi all .

First post so be gentle . I,m doing a window splashback using 10cm tiles , and am trying to figure out how best to lay tiles out . Because I have dado rail on joining wall I would like my tiles to finish level with it because I think it looks neater , This would mean that i would need to cult 1 tile approx 7cm after allowing joints . If i start with smaller tile on bottom it would leave a 2cm gap under the window sill , as it,s approx 9cm from the upstand ( thats what i,m tiling off ) and the bottob of the window sill .

How do you think it will look if i finish with cut tile at the top , i cant see another way around it . All advice greatly appreciated

Neil

A

AllurePTS

Hi all .

First post so be gentle . I,m doing a window splashback using 10cm tiles , and am trying to figure out how best to lay tiles out . Because I have dado rail on joining wall I would like my tiles to finish level with it because I think it looks neater , This would mean that i would need to cult 1 tile approx 7cm after allowing joints . If i start with smaller tile on bottom it would leave a 2cm gap under the window sill , as it,s approx 9cm from the upstand ( thats what i,m tiling off ) and the bottob of the window sill .

How do you think it will look if i finish with cut tile at the top , i cant see another way around it . All advice greatly appreciated

Neil

It's hard to visualise Neil, ....you definately want to avoid narrow cuts if at all possible ....so from what you said, I think the 90mm at the bottom and 70mm at the top is the best way .....stongly advise you use tile trim on your top edge though - it will be very hard to get a good finish in that situation otherwise :thumbsup:

Just a thought ....obviously I don't know the details, but maybe changing the size of your spacer could help ???

Also - do be sure to check that your upstand is 100% level mate :thumbsup:

Welcome to the forum

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
Last splashie I did I didn't use trims. Owner still had some paint left from the kitchen walls so I painted the tops and sides of the tile and it looked great.
DSCF0525.jpg

Also meant I could move a socket into the field of tiles, and make good the hole in the wall.
DSCF0516.jpg

DSCF0519.jpg

Reply to splashback in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.