Search the forum,

Discuss splash with bigger than usual tiles in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mr Tiler

hi guys, I got my hands on a few boxes of tiles today, they are 36x27 cm... just wonderd what you guys think of doing my splash in them? have you ever done a splash in such big tile? cheers

I

Ian

I've done a splash back with 60x60's before, looked great, only one whole tile behind the cooker though!

S

Stef

Ash I was looking for photos of a kitchen I done with 600x300 grey porcelain.
I also used a single 600x300 red quartz as a feature at the cooker.
It was really nice when finished.

M

Mr Tiler

yeh mate see if ya can find it, here are the tiles... they are not the best but they were free and will look ok when they are fixed 10259910_1420192841587725_9059051013865707356_n.jpg

M

Mr Tiler

we shall see... missus doesn't like them but that's cuz she wants those black glossy metro ones that are £18 per box! il settle with the free ones lol

R

RDTiling

I'm about to start a splash back with 500 x 250 tiles.

I do like the metros but can feel like tiling a never ending wall at times!

Those tiles you've got should look good on the wall once fixed.

M

m3fitter

did Porcelanosa 1000 x 330, had to angle grind all the sockets out, but looked v.good, but lots of work !

R

Rookery

I've done biggish tiles on a splash back quiet often. As Peter says, the sockets can be a nuisance so check your setting out.

Reply to splash with bigger than usual tiles in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen