Search the forum,

Discuss Socket screws in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

David - Tradetiler

Re-threaders now in stock

Click Here to go to website

re-threader-220.jpg

C

CLAYS TILES

I have a 8inch pair of mini bolt cutters very slim in design and cut through socket screws with ease.......i got mine from thee old B&Q.....

A handy tool to get as well is a socket threader just incase a screw goes in cross threaded then you can re-thread it.....:)..

Ruko Socket Re-Threader 3.5mm - NoLinksToThis, Where the Trade Buys
link not working m8!

H

handyrabbit

hi there! know this thread has been here a while but a sparky m8 of mine has a set of "crimping pliers" (think thats the namethere used for putting spade ends etc on wires!)
near the jaws are about 5 holes of different diameters and that is what these are for!!
find the nearest size hole push your screw in to the required length and squeeze! no need for filing - it goes straight in!

hope that helps!!

Reply to Socket screws in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The homeowner of the property I'm working on has just come to me and asked if anything can be done about...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for advice on fixing a few problems that a professional left me with. He of course has not responded to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.