Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Small Exterior Tiling Job in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

aflemi

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Just a front porch to do, 1st outside job, so want to make sure I'm prepped ok. Have 8mm riven porcelain to be laid on slc. Plan to use Bal rapidset flexible and protect from sub 5c temperature with old blanket o/n then grout next day.
One question I have is face of step which is facing bricks, bit grubby and mossy, what prep would be best for that can I just scrub with hot water and sugar soap, 2 coats of sbr and carry on as above?
Any advice on the above appreciated...........

D

dagger

Just a front porch to do, 1st outside job, so want to make sure I'm prepped ok. Have 8mm riven porcelain to be laid on slc. Plan to use Bal rapidset flexible and protect from sub 5c temperature with old blanket o/n then grout next day.
One question I have is face of step which is facing bricks, bit grubby and mossy, what prep would be best for that can I just scrub with hot water and sugar soap, 2 coats of sbr and carry on as above?
Any advice on the above appreciated...........
SLC must be EXTERNAL use...
clean facing bricks, and screw a strip of wedi/hardi/no more ply on...then skim with rapid set flex.

allow to set and tile away!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

david campbell

would clean of all moss etc, then cover to dry out before tiling(ensuring it has room to breathe),moss is a give away of damp conditions:thumbsup:

T

Time's Ran Out

Check with builder if SLC is for exterior use!
Clean bricks with wire brush.
Render up with your fast set flexible adhesive.
Have the 8mm riven porcelain got a finished edge?
:thumbsup:

aflemi

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Check with builder if SLC is for exterior use!
Clean bricks with wire brush.
Render up with your fast set flexible adhesive.
Have the 8mm riven porcelain got a finished edge?
:thumbsup:
not as such but as porcelain, same colour all through and reasonably shallow indents on base. i was going to run the bottom edge through the wet cutter at an angle to finish them then leave a slight lip over the face. Might cut a drip channel into the bottom of lip to stop any water running into facing tiles.

Reply to Small Exterior Tiling Job in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks