Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Sigma running out in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

O

On one

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi all.
My Sigma is running 2mm in 600mm put of square.
Am I right in believing that you can adjust it withe the nut on the guide rail mechanism?

20190728_124403.jpg

20190728_124344.jpg

OP
O

Old Mod

@LEE MAC I get confused with this sometimes.
Am I right in saying, loosen outer nut, and hold fast with spanner, then adjust centre bolt with Allen key until correct, then re tighten outer Nut with spanner.

OP
L

LM

@LEE MAC I get confused with this sometimes.
Am I right in saying, loosen outer nut, and hold fast with spanner, then adjust centre bolt with Allen key until correct, then re tighten outer Nut with spanner.
Basically you loosen the outer nut just a bit and press down so the action is in place. Then rotate the inner brass thread with an Allen key, this is off set so this action moves the measuring bar a few degrees either way as you slowly rotate it. Once it’s squared up simply tighten the outer nut again. It’s very simple.
I found the easiest way to do it is to place a roofing square on the spring bed with the wide edge between the spring plate and main splitting ridge, slide that down to the measuring bar and you can clearly see what alignment is needed. It takes less than a minute to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Sigma running out in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock