Discuss Sigma running out in the Tile Cutters and Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com

uHeat Official Forum Sponsor for Underfloor Heating (Electric and Wet)
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
O

On one

Hi all.
My Sigma is running 2mm in 600mm put of square.
Am I right in believing that you can adjust it withe the nut on the guide rail mechanism?

20190728_124403.jpg

20190728_124344.jpg

The Wetroom Store - TilersForums.com Sponsor
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

LEE MAC

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
13,491 37
Yes you can adjust it using the circled adjuster with an Allen key. Mark a tile at 300mm exactly top and bottom and move the bar to suit then retighten the adjuster.

1D907468-09AA-4EA8-ABAB-13FCAA0D7556.jpeg

O

Old Mod

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
@LEE MAC I get confused with this sometimes.
Am I right in saying, loosen outer nut, and hold fast with spanner, then adjust centre bolt with Allen key until correct, then re tighten outer Nut with spanner.

LEE MAC

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
13,491 37
@LEE MAC I get confused with this sometimes.
Am I right in saying, loosen outer nut, and hold fast with spanner, then adjust centre bolt with Allen key until correct, then re tighten outer Nut with spanner.
Basically you loosen the outer nut just a bit and press down so the action is in place. Then rotate the inner brass thread with an Allen key, this is off set so this action moves the measuring bar a few degrees either way as you slowly rotate it. Once it’s squared up simply tighten the outer nut again. It’s very simple.
I found the easiest way to do it is to place a roofing square on the spring bed with the wide edge between the spring plate and main splitting ridge, slide that down to the measuring bar and you can clearly see what alignment is needed. It takes less than a minute to do it.

Last edited:
O

Old Mod

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cheers Lee, yeah forgot you gotta press nut down. :seenoevil: :thumbsup:

Reply to Sigma running out in the Tile Cutters and Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com

Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters | Large Format Cutters and Tools

Click here to support the forum/remove ads

Thanks for visiting TilersForums.com, we hope you find the tiling tools you're looking for. You're welcome to post a new thread yourself asking where the best place is to find the tool or cutter. Our forum members will do their best too find the best tool supplier for you, with the cheapest prices.

Finding Tile Cutters such as Rubi, Sigma, Riamondi and Montolit at the cheapest prices is one of the best investments you can make. The cutters you use will last for years, if not decades. So it's important you buy the right rail cutter or wet cutter right from the start, at the lowest possible price.

We also have a Electricians Forums and Electricians Tools advice. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Threads (Sitewide)

Top Bottom

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.