Search the forum,

Discuss Sigma Not Measuring Correctly in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com.

Q

Qwerty

Hard to word the title really, but essentially here is the issue....

The measuring bar on my new sigma is 'off centre'.....see photos...

20160713_145538.jpg
20160713_145544.jpg

Basically if I put a 400mm tile on the cutter with 200mm to the left of 0 and 200mm to the right, when I score & snap, the left piece is 199mm whilst the right piece is 201mm. You get the idea.....

Question is can this be sorted or do I send it back? I flipped the bar when off of the cutter and noticed 3 Philips head screws which appears to hold the bar to the fixing plate that has the lever on to clamp it to the cutter however the whole thing appears glued together with clear glue?

Ideas please people!!!

I forgot to take photos of the underneath but will do so tomorrow

O

One Day

I suspect you've got a dud! Looks like nearly a mm off centre looking at your score line over the label there.
Contact Derek at Sigma... Don't try and adjust it yourself or you'll scupper any warranty.

(still the best cutters though!)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
In theory it's only 0.5mm off then. As moving it that much, would center it perfectly.

So I'm guessing it's an error, and you need to contact them, and I bet you 20 bucks they'll swap it you instantly.

W

White Room

Is there an adjustment on the locating pin on the measuring bar, sure someone sorted it with that and Bri had a locating problem to start with.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I see the error from the pictures there. So your center line is actually perhaps the right side of the inner-circle in the number O....? Kinda thing?

Q

Qwerty

Yes @Dan

@whitebeam .......Yes, that is what I think the 3 screws are for underneath the measuring bar but the whole lot looks as if it has been glued together!?

Any contact details for Derek please?

Reply to Sigma Not Measuring Correctly in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen