Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Sick of seeing this plastic rubbish stuck on walls!! in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Starting to get fed up of the plastic boarding I keep seeing on walls in bathrooms and shower rooms at mates, in hotels, in pubs and even airport lounge now!

The amount of times I see it used as a 'sod it lets just stick some boarding over this and get paid and gone' product rather than actually tile or even just plasterboarding and skimming, which isn't best but still better than this.

Gives customers the appearance of being waterproofed but it bloody isn't. Dodgy silicone and showertrays that move even a mm mean that supposed seal is going to break next wednesday for sure.

A plumber who does a gas check on a property we rent out tried say he was going to use it to cover up where the old emersion cupboard was as we can't get tiles anymore and I told him if he takes even an external corner bead of it in the house I wont be using him again lol (he laughed too he's a good mate really).

Ended up making a nice wooden cupboard that's glossed white. Tennant has stuck nice flower stickers on it. 'tll do for now she said. I said it'll last longer than the bathroom duck you should have seen what the plumber wanted to use.

#rantaboutaplumber lol

Reply to Sick of seeing this plastic rubbish stuck on walls!! in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock