Search the forum,

Discuss Show us your work thread in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
Been thinking about this thread and notice its very popular and rapidly getting bigger again. Wondered would it be better idea to create a "show us your work" board instead? Each member could then perhaps start their own thread and add their work to it as they go. It'll be easier to reference and for example. If lee from protilers started one he could just update his regular. And any others. So if someone wanted to go direct to a members thread or post of works you would then have a list view of topics on a board to identify the members work.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
I think it might be a good way of self promotion too. If permissions can be set on the board for new posts to only be from arms members perhaps. Anyone can reply obviously. But it will also link a username to a business name. For example. Bubblecraft = coupleoftools. So that post may have the title "coupleoftools" started by "bubblecraft".
If the post creator did an opening speal about who they are, what they do, where they work etc. Perhaps website and social network links. It would almost become like an active portfolio page for members.
You could then newsfeed this into your own websites (subscribe feed type thing. Done it once but may need Dan to tell us how to again)
It could then become another avenue for active feedback on your work. Which in turn would help new visitors to your own websites.
Just thoughts at the moment though. But if Dan could jump in on this and let us know if its achievable and also anyone else have other thoughts?

S

Spud

not sure if it already covered in user Albums Ali where you can post comments on the pictures but I might be not understanding it correctly

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
Yeah i know what your saying Gary. It was more an idea of stream lining and minimizing content on the forever swelling show us your work thread. But the positives would also be each member could have a specific post on a board that could be fed to their website.
Im aware of the albums but can't say I've used it since first joined.
It also makes it easier to go and they peoples work. You'll have a list view of people that have actively uploaded work to a post. Like they do in the show us your work thread we have currently. But i think giving users there own will be easier to manage and more user friendly when it comes to viewing.

P

Peter

Makes sense, and a suitable thread title like "Tiling work by Peter Steele - Tiler in Belfast" should rank well in Search engines too and possibly find customers.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I've see this done on a detailing forum and it really works well as people can keep contributing to it during the job.

It's a yes from me.

Ill set it up if we're all up for it.

Reply to Show us your work thread in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I spend some time in doorways. NOTE THAT DAN HAS CREATED THIS NEW 2024 SHOW US YOUR TILE...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen