Search the forum,

Discuss Scribing bevelled tile for internal corners in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

Bartlett

Hi, been a while since I posted on here, wonder if you can help? Photos or links to photos would be great.
I have a splashback to do with bevelled tiles, 200x100mm, and this will involve working around several internal corners, both 45 degree and 90 degree (odd shaped kitchen). I understand that there will be a gap if I just make straight cuts and I will need to scribe the tiles to fit, wonder if anyone has any tips or advice on this? Thanks.

G

glasgow_tiler

not to sure what you mean but cant you just mark the tiles and rake the cuttings so there not straight cuts

B

Bartlett

Thanks for the reply, maybe I didn't explain very well? Yes, I think that's what I'm getting at; just wondered if you had any tips on the best way to do this? Have managed to avoid working with bevelled tiles previously and was after some tips.

I

Ian

Use an off cut as a guide, place it on the tile to be scribed, mark around it with a pen/pencil, then nip/grind it to shape. Alternatively, mitre the corners.

B

Bartlett

Thanks Bri, planning on using trim on the external corners now, so no mitreing needed. Have practised a few cuts for the internal corners and it looks okay, have been using wet cutter on each side (for the bevelled part of the tile) and nipping the bit in between. Fiddly frustrating work, don't know how you guys all do it full-time!

I

Ian

Thanks Bri, planning on using trim on the external corners now, so no mitreing needed. Have practised a few cuts for the internal corners and it looks okay, have been using wet cutter on each side (for the bevelled part of the tile) and nipping the bit in between. Fiddly frustrating work, don't know how you guys all do it full-time!

You can still mitre the internal corners, think of it as being a bit like fitting skirting boards, some joiners mitre them some scribe them.

Reply to Scribing bevelled tile for internal corners in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen