Discuss Removing transit net film coating from ceramic tiles in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi, I wonder if anyone knows what the thin web-like coating on Harmony Nador tiles is made of, please? I have tried emailing the manufacturer but have not received a reply.

The tiler wants it washed off and teh tiles completely dry again before he starts, but I am concerned that it may be microplastics and would not want to put it down the sink and into the environment (we are not on mains drainage).

Thanks for any info.
Kate

K

KateKate

No, it doesn't! Trust me, I have tried all ways!

It needs soaking in warm water for 10 minutes to loosen it, and then wiped off (and it fragments). There is lots of it and he says that if it is left on, it will always leave bits which stick in the grout. I've never encountered it before, but then I've never bought such expensive tiles before.

I have no problem doing it, just need to know what it is made of.

Kastar UK

Arms
Reaction score
Plastic scraper then can hoover it up , yes will get in the grout if not removed because it comes off quite easily
Now means the customer must hand ball every tile and risk chipping them

Last edited:
Reaction score
All true, but I actually just want to know what the netting film is made of - after lots of trial and error, I've worked out how to get it off in the quickest and easiest way (it is on both back and front of each tile and will stubbornly not come off when it is dry), I just need to know what the fine netting is made of.

The manufacturer doesn't seem to want to answer enquiry form emails.

Reply to Removing transit net film coating from ceramic tiles in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks