Search the forum,

Discuss Removing silicone sealant from aluminium shower screen in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

cornish_crofter

Hi

Have used a profile to silicone between an aluminium shower screen and the tiled wall that it is attached onto to give the job a clean look. Unfortunately I managed to smear some silicone onto the aluminium.

I want to remove the excess whilst keeping the seal.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I could use please? I've tried the stanley blade but this can scratch the aluminium. Rubbing it is partially successful but it gets ingraned, despite having let it dry off for 24 hours.

Thanks

T

TilingLogistics

Hi

Have used a profile to silicone between an aluminium shower screen and the tiled wall that it is attached onto to give the job a clean look. Unfortunately I managed to smear some silicone onto the aluminium.

I want to remove the excess whilst keeping the seal.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I could use please? I've tried the stanley blade but this can scratch the aluminium. Rubbing it is partially successful but it gets ingraned, despite having let it dry off for 24 hours.

Thanks

Mask all the good silicone around the offending area. Apply Aqua Mix Sealing & Coating Remover and allow it to dwell for 10 minutes. Wipe it off! Hey Presto:thumbsup:

Kev

C

cornish_crofter

Guys

Thanks a million!

I did the masking tape trick yesterday using some silicone remover that I'd forgotten that I had. It's quite powerful stuff so I was worried about getting it on the silicone that I wanted to keep.

However the masking tape did the trick and I was able to clean it back to the seal I wanted to keep using a clean damp sponge.

Afterwards I just dried the area then removed the tape then cleaned the whole area to remove any residual silicone remover.

Many thanks for those pointers.

Reply to Removing silicone sealant from aluminium shower screen in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.