Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Remove stubborn sealer from Travertine Mosaic Tiles in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Good Evening,
Kicking myself here, I’ve recently fitted some mosaic travertine tiles around the bath and sink area, and sealed the area around the bath with a water based penetrating sealer.

I did a test patch first and the colour enhancement was none to minimal, so felt happy to crack on. However, when I came to do the full job on the bath and apply a couple of coats, the tiles have gone from a lovely looking natural pale stone to a strong yellowy beige colour. It looks awful.

I’ve tried removing the sealer with acetone and elbow grease but no luck.

I’ve been googling products all night but not quite sure what the best sealant remover will be to buy to remove it?

Will a sealant remover affect the colour of the tiles or restore them to what they were originally?

Only asking as I’ve got the same tiles around the sink area which fortunately I haven’t sealed yet.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

O

One Day

What was the sealer exactly and how did you apply it?
Was the stone damp? How long after fixing them did you seal?

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, the sealer is branded ‘no nonsense’ Matt finish stone and tile sealer which is a penetrative sealer.

Fixed the tiles about two weeks ago and the Stone was dry.

I applied it according to instructions which said to apply with a sponge, adding the next coat before the first one had dried.
After 15 minutes I removed excess sealer and didn’t allow it to dry on

Reply to Remove stubborn sealer from Travertine Mosaic Tiles in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock