Discuss Re-useable lippage clips in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Around £12 and pennies on EBay.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Must admit they look good, just watched a video on YouTube.
My only issue would be the metal pin chipping the edge on its way out.
But just ordered some.

Q

Qwerty

I don't think these could be safely used on thin porcelain. The small metal pin/ foot could easily fracture it

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Not that I’m a “Hug a tree” merchant, but I wonder how much plastic is being wasted with these clips........amongst other things

Q

Qwerty

I've actually asked the homeowners on the last few jobs if they wouldn't mind me putting the waste clips in the household recycling as I have thought the same too

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
What about all the anti fracture matting that gets sold yearly, that will all end up in the ground one day. :(

L

LM

The problem with recycling certain types of plastics is that councils over here for example don’t have the facilities to recycle all types of plastics. Over here they will only recycle plastics that have a lid, ie: a bottle. They wouldn’t empty my bin once at the start of all the recycling era and I phoned to complain and had a long drawn out discussion about it all. I was told that if your bin contaminates a whole lorry then when it empties at the recycling plant the whole load goes to landfill so clips probably can but won’t be recycled, over here at least.

Reaction score
I have some of these (bought of Ebay and shipped from China..arrived three days later!)..They work well on smaller format tiles and are ok as an emergency on larger formats..wouldn't use them on ultra thins...They take a bit of getting used to..need to hold the orange part in place whilst tightening them down otherwise it twists and moves the tile. They are easy to remove:)

Q

Qwerty

Luckily Dorset Council subcontract out to a specific recycling company called Suez who sort through it all and it nearly all gets recycled. The plastic that cant be recycled gets ground down and compacted to produce an alternative fuel. For the past few years this fuel has been used to heat the kiln at a cement plant in Rugby, Warwickshire.

This plant also uses road sweepings from across the UK to produce the concrete blocks we see used in the centre/ edge of motorways and to make the blocks the MOD use as anti terrorist attack blocks in our city centres

Reply to Re-useable lippage clips in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks