Search the forum,

Discuss Price Increases in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com.

C

Concrete guy

Due to sustained pressure in exchange rates (US Dollar & Euro vs Pound) we'll be putting our prices up in the new year along with many other companies. We've held our prices as we held stock bought at a better exchange rate, but as we replenish this product it's now a good 20% more expensive.

FLEX Powertools have a scheduled price increase at some point in the early new year.

So if you had a potential purchase in mind, particularly a FLEX power tool now would be a good time to buy, they're only going to get more expensive.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Pound fluctuates all the time .
But the mrs is putting prices next year up as she imports from china , , its gone up 20% from last year as well :(

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

a little truth here the pound has not fallen 20% for a total of 10 minutes it went to 1.50 to the pound
it was trading at an avarage 1.42 to the pound through out the year so the real fall in value at this
time is 13% i expect the pound to settle at 1.32 to the pound about a 7% fall but the real value today
i have negotiated with my suppliers a 14%discount for a year with cash payments and we will review
this again in a year.so negotiate hard they need your business in these hard times to ats
if you cant get them to give you a discount get on that airplane face to face they will crack

C

Concrete guy

Our prices were set when the Dollar Sterling rate was $1:65 a couple of years ago, it's now $1:24 and I can't see it increasing in the near future, in fact I wouldn't be surprised to see it stabilise even lower at $1:20 long term.

We've not had a price increase since. We've negoatiated a rate with our suppliers and it's unlikely our increases will be more than 10%, it depends on the item and the volumes.

The Flex prices aren't negotiable as these are fixed by the manufacturer and are as a direct result of BREXIT as these are manufactured in Germany and priced in Euro's.

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

Our prices were set when the Dollar Sterling rate was $1:65 a couple of years ago, it's now $1:24 and I can't see it increasing in the near future, in fact I wouldn't be surprised to see it stabilise even lower at $1:20 long term.

We've not had a price increase since. We've negoatiated a rate with our suppliers and it's unlikely our increases will be more than 10%, it depends on the item and the volumes.

The Flex prices aren't negotiable as these are fixed by the manufacturer and are as a direct result of BREXIT as these are manufactured in Germany and priced in Euro's.
the euro has 7 mouths left we have now entered the end game .when Germany goes back to the mark
exspect a 60% increase as they wont be able to use the poverty of others to devalue
there goods .time to get in front and start looking for new suppliers .the end game is coming take a good look at whats happening in the world and move on .while there is still time

S

stephenoneill

Have to say the Brexitresult vote is baffling .it's like shooting yourself in the foot.banks are moving on . everything is going to get dearer.i just don't see the positives

Reply to Price Increases in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen