Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Pot Life. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

ryan83

TF
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Hope this isnt gonna sound stupid but iv got a question regarding pot life of powder addys.

I always use BAL products. So far iv only ever used powder addy on floors, mainly rapidset flexable. Got a few jobs comming up with large format wall tiles but im a bit worried about the 45 min time frame.

Will products like single part flexable or wall and floor professional (i know i might need to use admix) which say 5 hour pot life give me the time to make adjustments the same way that ready mixed addy's do?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers, ryan.

W

White Room

I like the mapei for a long bucket life, You won't be able to walk on anything with a long life so make sure it's right before you move on

ryan83

TF
Reaction score
Thanks for that Whitebeam.

Im not too worried about using long life addy on floors as i can dry lay which will save me time. Was just gonna be using it for wall tiling.

Thanks again.

T

theyomper

If your large format tiles are over 300 x 300 then only use bagged addy. I would normally use Bal Wall and Floor (grey) or CTF3 (white) both with a potlife of 5 hours

D

doug boardley

I use "ultra sp es" for wall tiles, as with others about 5 hours pot life:thumbsup:

O

Olz

Hi Ryan

Quick tips as i know that all the terminology can be a bit misleading sometimes

Pot / bucket life = time adhesive one mixed will last in bucket before starting to set / go off

Open Time = Time addy will last on wall once spread before starting to go off

Adjustment time = Time you can adjust tiles once stuck into addy

Drying / setting time = well the drying / setting time

The times are usually accompanied by a temperature at which the times are valid for and obviously the higher the temp the quiker the addy will go off, so sometimes asking Mrs Jones who's whacked the central heating on full so your nice and warm whilst your doing her tiling to turn it down...lol

Reply to Pot Life. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks