Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Plain gloss white wall tiles question in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi all

I'm new to tile and am looking to start learning from working on my own projects. Am hoping to go for a similar effect to the attached image wall tiles on my own bathroom. These are Rectified white gloss ceramic 300 x 600. Running floor to ceiling for all but one feature wall.

I understand there are pros and cons of using ceramic v porcelain, porcelain have to be used for outdoor use where frost happens. That ceramic are easier to cut and work with etc.

My question for the forum is would there by any difference visually with a plain white gloss porcelain verses the ceramic version? Can you have tighter grout joints with porcelain, giving more of a plain white wall effect? And why do plain white large porcelain wall tiles seems to be more difficult to source, are they out of favour with tilers in the UK?

Thanks

FT

Screenshot 2021-07-04 at 10.26.08.png

Kevbos

Arms
Reaction score
Hi all

I'm new to tile and am looking to start learning from working on my own projects. Am hoping to go for a similar effect to the attached image wall tiles on my own bathroom. These are Rectified white gloss ceramic 300 x 600. Running floor to ceiling for all but one feature wall.

I understand there are pros and cons of using ceramic v porcelain, porcelain have to be used for outdoor use where frost happens. That ceramic are easier to cut and work with etc.

My question for the forum is would there by any difference visually with a plain white gloss porcelain verses the ceramic version? Can you have tighter grout joints with porcelain, giving more of a plain white wall effect? And why do plain white large porcelain wall tiles seems to be more difficult to source, are they out of favour with tilers in the UK?

Thanks

FT

View attachment 123698
Porcelain and ceramic tiles have changed alot in last 15 to 20 years , porcelain came out to be a stronger alternative with more pattern etc variations originally , but ceramic tiles are changing ! Alot stronger and variation .I done a job years ago , the tiles were white but so highly glazed that they showed everything in the room like a mirror ! Had to fix every tile and stand back and look at it from several angles ! But at moment you can get great quality porcelain and ceramic tiles

Reply to Plain gloss white wall tiles question in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock