Search the forum,

Discuss Piped Under Floor Heating Question in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

CJ

TF
Arms
Somerset
This is just a general question? Not a job I will be doing, as it is too far away from me, but I am just picking at your brains.

Barn conversion, done in the 80's, concrete slab over god knows insulation?? 30x20 (ish) batons laid on floor (not sure if fixed or loose laid) then tongue/groove flooring on top.

They want piped under floor heating, but only about 45mm height to play with.

Looked on You tube at a few, but not many even look suitable to tile over.

I had tried to suggest electric UFH, which would be easier with extra insulation, but as it's a larger area, they want piped.

Wot ya got??

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
take up floor boards and battens overlay concrete with 1200g polythene membrane, install 25mm minimum of kingspan insulation overlay with a 500g slip membrnae install underfloor heating pipes and then overlay with 40mm minimum Gypsol HTC screed.

Alternatively lay mutifoil insulation over the timber floor boards install underfloor heating pipes using nail through pipe clips and then screed with 45mm of Gypsol classic screed
easy peasy

Reply to Piped Under Floor Heating Question in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

Birthdays