Search the forum,

Discuss £ per mtr or day rate? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

2020Tiling

Hi, just tiled a 12mtr shower room with ceramics and a mosaic strip in the middle,. It's taken me a full day and just have to grout up tomorrow, My question is what should I charge for it? should I do it on a mtr rate or a day rate? a day rate is a lot less than a mtr rate :detective: How much would you lot charge the customer? Thanks.

B

bugs183

If you quoted on meterage then charge that. You had a good day, would you get more if the job went slower?
If you quoted day rate then you would have to charge for the days worked.

2020Tiling

It's for a fitter I have done a few jobs for, so get regular work from him hence not sure what to charge. He always just pays what I ask for but would hate to go too expensive for the time it took, but on the other side he will be getting a chunk off B&Q as it's one of there jobs and tiling was quoted in with him fitting the bathroom!
My price always includes adhesive ,grout & trims and on this job I had to get 2 chrome square edge trims . I'm thinking a figure of £250 ? What do you guys recon?

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
£250 way too low.
Labour 1.5 days x £150 = £225
Addy x 2 spf @ £20 a bag = £40
Chrome trim @ £10 each = £20
Grout £10

That's £295

Was your full day 08:00 - 16:00? or maybe a bit longer??? - if so, then add on a few extra for the extra hours worked.

In my view 12mtrs in a day is pretty fast (you should be charging extra for that skill).

Cheers
Sean

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
I would be charging £150.00 per day or part there of, plus materials.

So I'd be at £360 all in. Which works out at £30.00 inclusive of materials. Fair price I'd say. I don't do half days. You still have fuel costs and the same expenses wether you do 4 hours or 8.If I had ro charge a half day rate it would be £100+ materials to reflect this.

But your cost/day rate/terms should of already been thrashed out if you're doing regular work for the fitter.

Tony73

TF
Arms
Reaction score
It took some time to go and get materials!? Not less then £250. I allways charge more if it is small job. I also do tiling with no price estimate, as some of my contractors trust me :thumbsup: ( just send invoice , after job is done)

Reply to £ per mtr or day rate? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen