Search the forum,

Discuss patterned tiles on splashback in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

postie

Hi all
Got a kitchen splashback to do but the tiles have a patten on then ,obviously you centre the main feature on the wall IE cooker head, but if i do this the patten will not match in the corners should i carry on with normall setout centre cooker head or should i try and match the pattern when wrapping the tiles inside the corners.

G

GazTech

If the pattern looks wrong if not centred to the cooker,then centre it and wrap pattern around corners, if pattern is very random ie..busy to the eye and won't look wrong off-centre then have equal cuts into each corner.....Gaz

P

postie

Thanks Gaz one more what about grout size i was thinking maybe 1 mm as the patten has to join up so don't really want to big a gap .

G

GazTech

Thanks Gaz one more what about grout size i was thinking maybe 1 mm as the patten has to join up so don't really want to big a gap .
not overly important as long as they are all the same,2mm and up is much better ,this will alow you some tolerance if tiles are not the same size.....Gaz

P

plumbersmate

not overly important as long as they are all the same,2mm and up is much better ,this will alow you some tolerance if tiles are not the same size.....Gaz
would agree with gaz there, i recently tiled a kitchen with hand made tiles (really bright to the eye too!), everyone of them different, and none flat, opted for a bigger gap to allow for size difference.

G

GazTech

You will often find that...3mm spacers layed flat and Rubi wedges are good enough for any wall tiling job.....and never used spacers on floors always use 'rack of the eye'...floor tiles dont have to be supported by spacers......Gaz
Fail to prepare...then prepare to fail

Reply to patterned tiles on splashback in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen