Search the forum,

Discuss Patchy Granfix Grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

stevic

Hi there everybody,
Just wondering has anybody had any problems with Granfix grout drying patchy.
Finished a large bathroom last week and the customer has been on the phone to say the grout has dried in diffferent shades. Used Granfix adhesive with no problems and mixed all grout together with clean water & bucket. What would cause this ? What is best way round this problem. Haven't actually seen results yet. Any ideas, cheers guys.
Best regards,
Steve

D

DHTiling

hi steve..
We have had a few reports of this make drying patchy.....is it a white patchy colour or just an un-eveness of the colour....?

S

stevic

Hi Dave,
Its just a patchy uneveness of the colour (ivory)-- no whiteness.
Thanks,
Steve.

D

DHTiling

If it was whiteness then it would have been efflorescence....some times this patchiness can be when mixing the grouts..not enough mixing time to get the pigments blended or when mixing small batches the same thing more pigment in one mix than the next....but as i said before this product has had probs with drying patchy....i would give the tech department a ring and see if they can shed some light on it.....let us know what happens......and good luck...

wayne

TF
Reaction score
was it normal grout or maxi grout? only asking cause i use the maxi grout for walls and floors and havent had a problem with it

R

rob hutchinson

Don't whether you did, but its always advisable to let the newly mixed batch of grout stand for a while before using mate. it should be a consistant creamy substance when used. :huh2:

P

peter241

I had the same problem with N&C Nicobond, i grouted a 70m2 shop floor with N&C Nicobonds wide joint grey grout and there were different variations in the color. :mad2:

I mixed the grout prpoerly and left it to stand for a while before using it.

When i spoke to the N&C rep he could not give me a suitable explanation except theat it must have been a bad batch. i have used the there materials for years and this has only ever happened once.

I ended up getting the adhesive and grout for free and extended the discount to my customer. Fortunatly they excepted the discount.

I was lucky. :hurray:

N&C Nicobond have been a very good supplier of adhesives and grouts and deliver all over the country at no extra cost and with no minimun order. i have used them an many big contracts and have always found there materials to be very good. the grout is a bit course but apart from that they are very good

A

aardvaarktiling

I used some granfix grout the other week and that went patchy, i even tried HG Limex but it was still patcy, stick to using ardex or weber grouts, its not worth the hassle using cheap grouts

C

clm

great,just bought sum frm tile it all 2 do a ktn next wk.not sure whether take it bk now as never used it before.what d you think?

Reply to Patchy Granfix Grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen