Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss palace adhesive in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

diesal757

hi guys! new 2 this but getn used 2 the site now,brill 4 pikn up tips n hints! was reading an earlier thread by darren bout palace adhesive n not use,ing batons! is that right? do u still start from the bottom of the wall n work up? does any1 know who stocks it in glagow?

D

DevonR

The point Darren was making was that the grip of the Palace tub adhesive is sufficient enough not not need to use battons.
Basically mark up the room and away you go.
It is quite firm to apply but gives a very good bond.

D

diesal757

thanks m8! mite give it a try! jus sounds a bit risky! wat size tles would u use max? any other manufacturers u cd suggest as i dnt know any1 that stocks palace up here

G

guy1976

you can buy direct from them their called palace chemicals but you gotta buy a pallet load not very good if your just starting out coz by the time you get to use them they will be out of date also tops tiles stock them but you need trade account because to expensive without

L

Leatherface

Topps tiles - in my view one of the most expensive places to buy adhesive from - even at trade - rip off :icon8:

G

guy1976

i only buy the white flex (more of a light grey)good stuff and only £15 for a bag £45 retail its got lots of grab and gos off quick so less time before grouting

A

anne0411

hi - i'm doing a course at pts in harlow at the mo, we had ardex come in for a morning to do a demo on their adhesives and grouts. they had one for use without batons - the guy put a brick on a piece of plasterboard to prove how strong the adhesive is/was. impressive. :p

T

tony TLC

ill stay ith leatherface on topps rip off if you pay more than £9 per tub shop around TRADE DISCOUNT in topps what a laugh i seel it cheaper my self

S

sparky

i got bag of palace 20 kg cost me £23.00 :( but i ve not got trade discounts i was going to get the bal but they were wanting about £40.00:( palace gear seems ok to me though

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
Palace prices at topps trade about £5.50 palace super grip tub, £8 for 20kg bag rapid set, £14 bag multi flex.
Tile it all in the North East stock granfix stuff at about the same price

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
I used to do a demo in the training centre with palace super grip, Got a 30 x 30, 9mm floor tile, half loaded the back of it , cladded it on the wall, drew a line under it and brought everyone back to have a look half an hour later, still bang on the same line.
Get your tile line in the middle of the room, stick your first set of tiles on that line and level them off, tile down to the floor cutting in as you go and so on

B

brian c

i have been using adhesive called SONTEX ACRYLIC TILE ADHESIVE,its only for walls but i've not had any problems with it,has an excellent grab. IF U WANT THIS ADHESIVE U CAN GET IT AT CONTINENTAL TILES IN KIRKINTILLOCH.I WILL TRY AND SOURCE U THE PALACE ADHESIVE IN GLASGOW.

D

diesal757

thanx brian! actually stay bout 3 miles from cosmos so al give them avisit m8. cheers

Reply to palace adhesive in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks