Search the forum,

Discuss Outdoor Tiling - 60 x60 tiles in Loughton Essex/East london. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I

itidiot

Hi

Looking for a tiler that can sort a problem. We have 4m x 7m concrete pad outside that wasn't laid particularly well last year as in it pools in some locations, its out by 0m to 40mm in places, it looks flat but the laser proves this wrong. Can supply exact levels after this weekend. So we need a tiler to sort the levels out and then tile the lot!

We have already got the outdoor 60x60tiles (frost proof) but need price to contain labour & adhesive, SLC, compo etc... we can get the grout if needed.

I was planning on doing this myself but its past my skill set. :mad2:

Cheers

Chris

B

bugs183

Outside jobs are a nightmare for the tiler if the pad it was tiled on wasn't laid to falls correctly.
Unless the tiler put all the falls in himself then he is fighting a losing battle. Filling the holes with levelling will only move the water to another hole.
The only way i can explain this is:
Take a CD case, put it on a horizontal surface, the case is flat and level, put water on it some will drain, but some will hold. Now tilt the case up a bit, it is still flat, but not level, no water will hold.
Introducing flat spots on an outside tiled patio will only result in different puddles forming.
The whole floor needs to be flat but with a fall so that the water runs away properly.
This could be a bigger job than you think.

Reply to Outdoor Tiling - 60 x60 tiles in Loughton Essex/East london. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen