Discuss Out of plumb walls help. in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi I’m fitting a Nova Frameless 1000 x 800 Sliding Door Shower Enclosure with a low profile shower tray that you lay on sand and cement. I’ve fitted Some aqua boards and where I’m fitting the enclosure the walls are slight out of plum by about 10-15mm.
I’ve already primed the walls with Mapei primer g and taped the joints. I need to skim over the tape with adhesive and then I’m going to apply Mapei aquadefense on top.
My question is can I bulk out the wall at the bottom with tile adhesive under the coat or aquadefense before I fit the tray?
Thanks Ben

Reaction score
Without seeing it, if needs bringing out about 10-15mm, I’d use Ardex A46 repair mortar to build it out, then tank over it. You could also build it out jackoboard or hardie backer, then feather it in with a bit of rapid set adhesive, but it’s a faff. You could just build it out with adhesive as long as it rated to be bedded out to your deepest point (15mm). There’s loads of options, as long as it’s tanked.

Reply to Out of plumb walls help. in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks