Currently reading:
Opening up the Rubi / Sigma debate again.........sorry!

Discuss Opening up the Rubi / Sigma debate again.........sorry! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mr Tiler

wow doug, your a mod mate fairplay... im sure if i spent more of my time on here than living life i would be admin by now (not a dig at you). i still ask the silly questions so the people who read the posts get a clear knowledge, its all about the bigger picture. im dam sure if i was to see this post in a weeks time id like to know the price, well the price is rite here baby "not much more than standard wd40".

D

Dougs Third Go

wow doug, your a mod mate fairplay... im sure if i spent more of my time on here than living life i would be admin by now (not a dig at you). i still ask the silly questions so the people who read the posts get a clear knowledge, its all about the bigger picture. im dam sure if i was to see this post in a weeks time id like to know the price, well the price is rite here baby "not much more than standard wd40".
well I'll take it as a dig at me Ash, and no, you wouldn't be admin by now as your subject knowledge is very limited and your refusal to use a search button is rather tiresome...btw, what did you do today? maybe we could compare who actually gets out and about and lives a life..

S

Stef

The jury is still out, but I may have an option to borrow a Rubi 1200 now, though...

Might save you shelling out on a new cutter just now & give you a chance to get a play around with a max Sigma..
Honestly Daz I wouldn't go back to Rubi now, I think there are very good cutters but I can't be bothered really with the Rubi v Sigma debate thingy.
I think Sigma have the edge & are the better cutting machines.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Subscribed
Co.Durham
Okay, I played with a Sigma 600 size cutter today and it certainly takes some getting used to.
Has anyone converted from Rubi or left Sigma to Rubi that can give me their opinions please?

I have , all rubi's sold or given away .

Best move I ever made but I have to say I use the pull scribe handle on 3 of my sigmas and a KK handle on the big 1250mm sigma .

most new comers to sigma seem to try the max series , if you cannot get used to the flip foot , then try the pull version or even the KK .

Worth a thought IMO.

W

White Room

[/B]

I have , all rubi's sold or given away .

Best move I ever made but I have to say I use the pull scribe handle on 3 of my sigmas and a KK handle on the big 1250mm sigma .

most new comers to sigma seem to try the max series , if you cannot get used to the flip foot , then try the pull version or even the KK .

Worth a thought IMO.

I have the KK on the 900 and find it snaps better, just personal preference.

Reply to Opening up the Rubi / Sigma debate again.........sorry! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement