Search the forum,

Discuss Oooo I won! Mapei Adhesive Competition in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
Snuck into my bathroom grabbing whatever Mapei products I could find lying around and took this.....

DSC_0283.JPG

D

DemoXpert

Interesting, have u got the Mapei grout samples and if so, how did u go about getting them?!

J

Joseph Kover

Have noticed that mapei grout changed recently it's again different to mix and dries faster.I am not using mapei adhesive anymore if not necessary. I used keraquick for years but there are better adhesives out there for same price or even lower .you can get samples if you re a buddy of the tile shopper or stuff at bigger stores.

D

DemoXpert

it's funny u should say it dries faster- was grouting mosaic not long ago, and end up throwing a whole 2.5k bag of it in the bin as it dried out within no longer than 10 mins no joke o_O mind you, i'm not sure i didn't use hot water :oops:, as the hot water tap was on the rhs and it should be on the lhs if i'm right?! :eek:

D

DemoXpert

was trying to get the samples from the local supplier, but they tell me its not easy to get them, perhaps I'm lacking social skills?! :(

J

Joseph Kover

it's funny u should say it dries faster- was grouting mosaic not long ago, and end up throwing a whole 2.5k bag of it in the bin as it dried out within no longer than 10 mins no joke o_O mind you, i'm not sure i didn't use hot water :oops:, as the hot water tap was on the rhs and it should be on the lhs if i'm right?! :eek:
Lol.yes be careful mate with hot water! Bal grout even worse from the drying perspective if I remember right but all people prefer different stuffs to use I guess and will defend it:)

Reply to Oooo I won! Mapei Adhesive Competition in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I‘ve just finished tiling the majority of my garden path. Base is concrete, and tiles are...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen