Make life easy, search the forum.
  • Thread starter Deleted member 53945
  • Start date

Discuss no falls in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

D

Deleted member 53945

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Starting a job soon that has had bison beam (block and beam) installed with UFH wet pipe system on entire first floor and has several bathrooms all with wet room floors however all floors have been levelled as the screeners have said the tiler can create falls with https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/... (clearly wanted to throw in as many m2 in and get off)... I feel as though grinding down the floor in shower enclosure isn't an option as the floor will just crumble away? any suggestions on how to create falls into the drain? the only think I can think of is to latex outside the shower enclosure to bring up by 50mm and feather https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ from wall down into the drain..

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Starting a job soon that has had bison beam (block and beam) installed with UFH wet pipe system on entire first floor and has several bathrooms all with wet room floors however all floors have been levelled as the screeners have said the tiler can create falls with https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/... (clearly wanted to throw in as many m2 in and get off)... I feel as though grinding down the floor in shower enclosure isn't an option as the floor will just crumble away? any suggestions on how to create falls into the drain? the only think I can think of is to latex outside the shower enclosure to bring up by 50mm and feather https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ from wall down into the drain..
Thats a total balls up. Wet trays should have been installed , have you aired your concerns to the customers

OP
S

SK TILING

Thats a total balls up. Wet trays should have been installed , have you aired your concerns to the customers
My opinion dont do it, to many things to take into account and to many
things can go wrong and who are they going to blame?

Absolutely, I've told them ive never seen anything like this before especially when a builder has suggested this is correct... they are also adamant on using marine ply everywhere even in steam room so ive said i cant touch any of it until wedi or jacko is put in instead so i can tank as required and they insist marine ply is the best (knowing more than the tiler as always :s) but this floor situation is a bigger issue than just replacing the boards. Theyve agreed to change boards and do the correct prep and today im going to say the only way to fix these floors is to ditra floor outside shower enclosure and then break out shower floor right down to block and beam and start again, either by sand and cement with slope to drain or screed to required height and foam formers fitted as originally planned. The only reason they dont have trays is because the builder said he does t need them and this is how they always do it and his tiler sorts falls out...

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
run away GIF

JMC tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Had this before with builders 🤦‍♂️ either chop out and drop pre-formed trays in the shower areas (presuming they havn't run the pipes into the shower areas)or walk because you'll have a nightmare.

OP
D

Deleted member 53945

Had this before with builders 🤦‍♂️ either chop out and drop pre-formed trays in the shower areas (presuming they havn't run the pipes into the shower areas)or walk because you'll have a nightmare.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-01-28 at 16.32.44 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-01-28 at 16.32.44 (1).jpeg
    272.9 KB · Views: 11
OP
D

Deleted member 53945

Wet pipe ran straight through onto the tray in all 4 bathrooms, my suggestion was for them to cut out block and bring back up leaving the depth for a foam former to be fitted flush to the rest of the floor but the pipes are in so poses another potential issue... its around 50mm thick above the pipe and you can get 40mm thick foam trays so they wouldn't have to break out floor completely. Would be a ball ache but I don't see another way without the job failing. DPM has been cut out around tray and a big hole going straight through ground floor ceiling which is a major issue in itself... so in my opinion this whole shower enclosure would need cutting out and re doing anyway? Got a meeting with the builder tomorrow about this whole issue anyway because he is adamant that this is how they are done (I've done over 20 Wetrooms in the last year alone still never seen anything as bad as this until now)

Reply to no falls in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock